- Mental health platform Mindler acquires CE-certified medical product Medified, moving its current service to a more data-driven approach to mental health treatment
- Medified was originally founded by medical students in 2019 and has developed and clinically implemented a digital mental health treatment monitoring software
- Mindler, based in Sweden, was launched in the UK in June 2020
22 February 2022 London – Mindler, one of Europe’s leading online mental health treatment platforms, announced the acquisition of Medified Solutions Oy, a tech startup based in Tampere, Finland. Medified was originally founded by medical students in 2019 and has developed and clinically implemented a digital mental health treatment monitoring software.
Medified’s unique data sources provide mental health care with the data needed for the measurement of clinically validated treatment outcomes, as well as contributing to the creation of patient-centric tools for mental health professionals to utilise for treatment decision processes and assessment of patients’ recovery.
Medified is a CE-certified medical device and the personal data flow between professionals and patients is secured with end-to-end encryption.
In early studies on the performance of Mindler therapy, treatments were shown to be helping 80% of patients to improve their mental health. Overall, Mindler is effective in treating patients with severe symptoms, especially depression, anxiety, and cognitive problems.
However, with the acquisition of Medified, Mindler will be able to utilise the new technology to accurately measure treatment outcomes even further and gain insights on how to further tailor digital treatment programs in order to deliver on Mindler’s company mission – to make the most efficient mental health treatment available for everyone.
Krim Talia, CEO of Mindler, said: “Our ambitious goal is to empower the world with better mental health, and that requires us to build the digital treatment platform that gives the best treatment and value for money.
“Mental health issues are a huge societal challenge, particularly following the COVID-19 pandemic, and today one in four people are impacted by mental illness at some point in their lives, with women twice as likely as men to be diagnosed.
“The global economy loses more than US$ 1 trillion annually due to depression and anxiety, and in a landscape where healthcare costs are increasing, governments need to invest their budgets on solutions that can deliver the best value treatments. It is Mindler’s determination to be that trusted partner in the mental health space.”
Valtteri Korkiakoski, CEO of Medified, said: “The entire Medified team is super excited to join the Mindler family. Today’s announcement means we have the opportunity to take what we’ve built and learned at Medified to ramp up our impact to a whole new level with Mindler.
“Solving global mental health challenges requires ambition and innovation. Now together with Mindler I believe that transforming mental healthcare is one step closer.”Mindler is available at mindler.co.uk and by downloading from the App Store or Google Play
For more information about Mindler, please visit:
Facebook: Mindler UK
LinkedIn: Mindler UK
1. 2022. Mental health facts and statistics. [online] Available at: <https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/> [Accessed 4 February 2022].
2. Who.int. 2022. Mental health in the workplace. [online] Available at: <https://www.who.int/teams/mental-health-and-substance-use/promotion-prevention/mental-health-in-the-workplace> [Accessed 7 February 2022].