Who can you turn to if you’re in need of help?
If you feel unable to keep yourself safe, please call 999 immediately, or 112 if you are abroad.
You can also seek support from:
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
- 0800 58 58 58
- Provides listening services, information and support
- For those that identify as male
Maytree Suicide Respite Centre
- 020 7263 7070
- Offers free respite stays for people in suicidal crisis.
- 0808 808 4994
- 85258 (crisis messenger service, text THEMIX)
- Support and advice for under 25s, which includes a crisis messenger service
National Suicide Prevention Helpline UK
- 0800 689 5652
- 24 hour helpline for people experiencing suicidal thoughts, plans or intent
- 0800 068 41 41
- 07860 039967 (text)
- For under-35s at risk of suicide or people who have concerns about someone else
- Open daily from 9am–midnight.
- 116 123 (freephone)
- Chris, Freepost RSRB-KKBY-CYJK, PO Box 90 90, Stirling FK8 2SA
- Service open 24/7
- 85258 (text SHOUT)
- Confidential 24/7 text service for those in a crisis
- App for those who feel suicidal or for those supporting someone else
Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide (SOBS)
- 0300 111 5065
- Support and support groups for anyone bereaved or affected by suicide.