Here is a list of other helpful resources
If you feel unable to keep yourself safe, please call 999 immediately, or 112 if you are abroad.
You can also seek support from:
Racism and religious discrimination
- True Vision is is a police-funded web site designed to provide you with information about Hate Crime.
Stop Hate UK
- Stop Hate UK is an rganisation working to challenge all forms of Hate Crime and discrimination, based on any aspect of an individual’s identity.
- Phone: 0113 293 5100
- Tell Mama records and measures anti-Muslim incidents and supports victims of Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hate.
- Phone: 0800 456 1226
- SARI provides free and confidential support for anyone who is a victim of hate crime. Whether that’s based on race, faith, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or sex.
- Phone: 0117 942 0060
- Victim Support is an independent charity dedicated to supporting victims of crime and traumatic incidents in England and Wales.
- Phone: 08 08 16 89 111
Sexuality and gender identity
- Stonewall is an organization that stands up for lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer, questioning and ace (LGBTQ+) people everywhere.
- LGBT Foundation supports the needs of the diverse range of people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans.
- Phone: 0345 3 30 30 30
Trans Services Spectra
- Spectra offers social groups, one to one support, counselling and workshops.
- Galop supports LGBT+ people who are victims of domestic abuse, sexual violence, hate crime, so-called conversion therapies, honour-based abuse, forced marriage, and other forms of abuse.
- Phone: 0800 130 3335
- Women’s Aid is the national charity working to end domestic abuse against women and children.
- Refuge is a UK charity providing specialist support for women and children experiencing domestic violence.
- Phone: 0808 2000 247
- Men’s Aid provides information and advice to all parents who are seeking to maintain a meaningful and responsible relationship with their children after family break down or divorce.
- Phone: 0333 567 0556
- Victim Support is the independent charity dedicated to supporting victims of crime and traumatic incidents in England and Wales.
- Phone: 08 08 16 89 111
- Childline is a counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday in the United Kingdom provided by the NSPCC
- Phone: 0800 1111
- Young Minds is a UK mental health charity for children, young people and their parents, making sure all young people can get the mental health support they need.
- Phone: 020 7089 5050
- The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children is a British child protection charity.
- Phone: 0808 800 5000
- Age UK is a charity which combines the operations of the previously separate charities Age Concern England and Help the Aged to form the UK’s largest charity for older people.
- Phone: 0800 678 1602
- Scope is a disability equality charity that provides practical information and emotional support.
- Phone: 0808 800 3333
Disability Rights UK
- Disability Rights UK is an organization that works with Disabled People’s Organisations, public bodies, businesses and Government across the UK to influence regional and national change for better rights, accessibility, benefits, quality of life and economic opportunities for Disabled people.
- Phone: 0330 995 0400
- Mencap is a charity based in the UK that works with people with a learning disability, as well as supporting carers.
- Phone: 020 7454 0454
- The Royal National Institute of Blind People is a UK charity offering information, support and advice to almost two million people in the UK with sight loss.
The British Deaf Association (BDA)
- The British Deaf Association (BDA) is a national Deaf-led organisation that works directly with Deaf people that use British Sign Language (BSL). Their work concentrates on campaigning for equal rights on a national level and working at a local level empowering Deaf people to achieve access to their local public services
National Deaf Children’s Society
- The National Deaf Children’s Society is a British charity dedicated to providing support, information and advice for deaf children and young people, their families and professionals working with them.
- Phone: 0808 800 8880
National Autistic Society
- The National Autistic Society is the leading charity for autistic people and their families in the UK.
- Phone: 0207 833 2299
British Dyslexia Association
- The British Dyslexia Association (BDA) aims to provide a voice of dyslexic people and to influence government and other institutions to promote a dyslexia friendly society that enables dyslexic people of all ages to reach their full potential.
- Phone: 0333 405 4555
- Tourettes Action is a support and research charity for people with Tourette Syndrome and their families in the UK. They aim to provide people with TS to receive the practical support and social acceptance they need to help them live their lives to the full.
- ADHD UK’s mission is to help those affected by ADHD – either those that have the condition or people close to them: family, friends, employers, and co-workers.
- Headway is a UK-wide charity that works to improve life after brain injury by providing vital support and information services to survivors, their families and carers.
- Phone: 0808 800 2244
- Carers UK is a national charity for unpaid carers. Carers UK support, advocate for, champion and connect carers across the UK, so that no one has to care alone.
Citizens Advice Bureau
- Citizens Advice is an independent organisation specialising in confidential information and advice to assist people with legal, debt, consumer, housing and other problems in the United Kingdom.
- National Debtline is a debt advice charity run by the Money Advice Trust. It is a free and confidential debt advice service for people in England, Wales and Scotland.
- Phone: 0808 808 4000
Money Advice Trust
- The Money Advice Trust is a national charity, helping people across the UK to tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence.
- Phone: +44 20 7489 7796
Conception birth trauma, pregnancy and early parenthood
- Fertility Network UK provides free and impartial support, advice, information and understanding for anyone affected by fertility issues.
- Phone: 01424 732361
Birth Trauma Association
- The Birth Trauma Association (BTA) supports all women who have had a traumatic birth experience.
- Phone: +44 1264 860380
- PANDAS Foundation is a UK organization that offers support for parents or networks affected by perinatal mental illness.
- Phone: 0808 1961 776
Physical health difficulties
Action for ME
- Action for ME is a charitable organisation and self-help group based in the UK and dedicated to helping people with M.E., more commonly known in the medical profession as chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Phone: 0117 927 9551
- Beat is a UK charity supporting those affected by eating disorders and campaigning on their behalf.
- Helpline (England): 0808 801 0677
- Helpline (Scotland): 0808 801 0432
- Helpline (Wales) 0808 801 0433
- Helpline (Northern Ireland): 0808 801 0434
- Diabetes UK is a British-based patient, healthcare professional and research charity that campaigns for improvements in the care and treatment of people with diabetes.
- Job Aid is a UK charity that helps the unemployed by offering free remote coaching and training for job hunting and job interviews.
- Phone: 0300 0110102
Youth Employment UK
- Youth Employment UK is an independent, not for profit social enterprise founded in 2012 to tackle youth unemployment.
- Phone: 01536 513388
- Remploy is an organisation in the UK which provides employment placement services for disabled people. It is a major welfare-to-work provider, delivering a range of contracts and employment programmes, for people with substantial barriers to work.
- St Mungo’s is a leading UK homelessness charity supporting over 3150 people every night. It aims at ending homelessness and rebuilding lives.
- Phone: 020 3856 6000
- Crisis is a national charity for people experiencing homelessness. They take people directly out of homelessness and campaign for the changes needed to solve homelessness altogether.
The Care Leavers’ Association
- The Care Leavers Association is a national user led charity aimed at improving the lives of care leavers of all ages. They aim to support care leavers of all ages, improve the current care system and change for a better society’s perception of people in care.
- Phone: 0161 826 0214
- Become is the national charity for children in care and care leavers.
- Phone: +44 20 7251 3117
- Combat Stress is a registered charity in the UK offering therapeutic and clinical community and residential treatment to former members of the British Armed Forces who are suffering from a range of mental health conditions; including post traumatic stress disorder.
- Phone for serving personnel and their families: 0800 323 4444
- Text on 07537 173683
Mental Wellbeing SSAFA
- SSAFA is an organization that helps service men and women, veterans and their families, with any mental or emotional health concerns.
- Phone: 0800 260 6767
British Red Cross
- The British Red Cross is the largest provider of services for people who have nowhere else to go, helping more than 30,000 people a year who are at some point in the asylum process, including refugees, asylum seekers, vulnerable migrants and survivors of trafficking.
- Phone: 08081963651
- Refugee Action is an independent national charity founded in 1981 that provides advice and support to refugees and asylum seekers in the UK and campaigns for a fairer asylum system.